Do you want to attract birds to your garden? Do you want some tips to select the best product? If the answers to the questions are positive, this article is going to be real interesting for you as it gives you some effective and useful tips to buy the same.
The trend of feeding wild birds is increasing each day. Most of the people buy something or the other to feed them in their garden. Many of them have also bought feeders, houses and tables so that the birds can rest and eat properly. They know the benefits of doing so. There are a lot of types of bird food available like wild bird peanuts, Niger seeds, fat balls, sunflower heart and dried mealworms, to name a few.
With the increase in time, the number of people interested in feeding the birds is soaring high. So, a lot of people thought to start out the business of selling such food. As a result, with the increase in their demand, the number of wild bird food suppliers in UK has increased big time. So, you need to choose the supplier carefully.
You need to choose carefully not just bird seed suppliers, but also the food that you buy for them. The wrong selection may result in the loss of birds in your garden every evening. There are a certain factors that you need to keep into the consideration so that you make the right choice. So, let us take a glance at all those factors.
- Budget: It is always advisable to first fix up the budget so that you do not exceed it while looking at the various options.
- Store: Choose the reputable and reliable store that is very popular in your area.
- Quality: Make sure you perform the quality check on the seeds that you buy. Of course, budget is important too, but you cannot compromise the quality under any circumstances.
- Ingredients: It is always a good idea to check the ingredients used in the food product that you are buying so that you come to know what it is made up of.
- Dates: One of the most important tips is not to forget to check the date of manufacturing as well as expiring date written on the packet.
- Odour: The smell of the food should be good enough to attract the birds that you want to invite in your garden.
- Taste: Different species of birds like different types of food. For example: The garden wild bird food mixture is preferred by blue tits greenfinches, sparrows and blackbirds; woodpeckers are crazy for peanuts, the goldfinches are attracted by Niger seeds,
- Health problems: Make sure that no harmful preservatives are used which can result into the problems like allergies or other health issues.
Now that you know the points to keep in mind while buying the wild bird seed, it is advisable for you to make to select the right one from the right store. Good luck with that!